Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chicken Run for Real!

My wing clipped chickens are still getting out and rumaging through the pebbles laid to keep the borders under control, not to mention the mulch on the roses. It is a little tiresome sweeping on a daily basis.
I decide to make a serious attempt to confine them.
It transpires they have not smuggled in a wooden horse and dug out under cover. No, I observe from my watch tower that the preferred technique is to flap furiously up on to the henhouse roof and throw themselves off the top and over the wire.
I buy four stout posts and leave Trusty George to dig them in and then move the hen house to the centre of the run.
Even Steve Mc Queen could not make the take off required to reach the perimeter fence now.
Sadly I appear to have miscalculated badly. Certainly the ladies are thwarted but now so am I.
I would seem that I need a ladder to remove the eggs. Who are they calling bird brain?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home