Friday, November 03, 2006

No birthing pools here!

Having initially miscalculated the expected delivery day by a whole week I was begining to get a little anxious about the increasing girth of my potbellied pig lookalike, otherwise known as a Jack Russell Terrier.
Driven back to the calender, gripped by neurosis about an incompetent uterus, I realised I was a mathematical, dyslexic numpty and relaxed.

Seven days later, finally going to bed at 2.00am after anxiously scanning the maternity ward for signs of activity I scuttled downstairs next morning and found four little pups had already arrived. Even as I watched she popped out the fifth. At the very least I felt I should offer her a cup of tea but she settled for a massive slab of disgusting dogmeat and lay back on her freshly plumped pillows with a smug look on her face.

They are roughly the size of a fat hamster and the shape of a plump tadpole and both proud mother and I think they would win any beautiful baby competition hands down.

2 Comments:

Blogger smahman said...

Can't wait to see em.....

10:44 am  
Blogger smahman said...

Hey geology fan!

http://internetsdairy.livejournal.com/334833.html

2:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home