Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Conspiracy Theory!

On Friday evening the controller for digital set top box quietly expires. It is a mere babe in arms, well under a year in age. Do you have the guarantee I'm asked politely in Argos. What a ridiculous question!

On Saturday my car succeeds in locking me out, the clicker failing to elicit the appropriate response to the command "open"
General discomfort and irritation follow. It goes without saying that I have a full shopping trolley in tow.

On Sunday a crash of thunder jumps me from my bed and unbeknown to me consumes the innards of the transformer which powers my live box thus rupturing my link with the internet and e-mails. On Monday I am rendered partially brain dead by an incoherent conversation with someone in Bombay about a replacement but the rest of the day passes almost without incident.

On Tuesday at 7.45am I am awoken by special delivery man bearing a replacement. All rudeness about outsourcing to distant continents withdrawn. Take a bow Orange!

On Wednesday the ultra violet light which renders my drinking water relatively free of Cholera, Typhoid and parasitic larvae etc dims to a glow and stutters feebly. Funny that, normal light bulbs either are or are not. No fluttering for them.

Roll on Thursday, at this moment my money is on the DVD player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home